Machine Learning and AI Summer Camp
Open to high school students preparing to enter their sophomore year of high school, the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (MPFI) Machine Learning and AI Summer Camp provides aspiring young scientists an immersive educational experience using cutting-edge computational approaches to big data. This three-week summer camp is designed for students with interests in artificial intelligence and machine learning, and how these fields and approaches assist research in neuroscience at MPFI, as well other fields of research, science, and beyond.
The positions for the 2019 Summer Camp have been filled. Please check back in January 2020 for the next application period.
Program Details and Requirements:
- Applicants must be available to attend the summer camp from July 22 through August 9, 2019 (Monday-Friday, 10 am to 3 pm).
- Applicants must begin their sophomore year in a Palm Beach County high school in the Fall of the year they’re applying.
All applications are to be completed online using the Career Section of MPFI website. The following are required for application:
- Responses to two essay questions
- Unofficial transcripts showing coursework from middle school through high school
- Unweighted grade point average
- Name and email address of the student’s most recent math teacher
Essay 1: Please explain how participating in a machine learning and AI summer camp at Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience will help you achieve your academic goals.
Essay 2: Please explain specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience you already have in math and programming and what you would like to learn during the summer camp.